PIG-NE

Paranormal Investigation Group of New England is a CT-based group dedicated to the study of the paranormal, in particular ghosts & hauntings.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

My Haunting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shalom1020

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: My Haunting   Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:34 pm

I grew up in an extremely haunted house where activity occurred on a daily basis for approximately 8 years. I grew up in a small town just outside St. Louis called Cahokia, Illinois. It's an old town for the Midwest (1699), but our house was built in the mid-60's, and only had 1 couple who rented it for a short time before we bought it.

On a Sunday night at 6pm, my family was gathered around the TV when we heard my little brother's electronic drum sticks banging. It was a very distinctive sound which we all recognized. We really didn't think much of it until it happened the next 2 Sundays as well even after we had taken out the batteries and buried it under several weights. This was the first activity in the house.

After that we had banging on the wall above my little brother's bed every morning at 4:30am, several shadow people spotted throughtout the house even during the day, people getting touched (including myself), the smell of cigarette smoke even though no one in the house smoked, a male voice that liked to say "Get out!" (of course, that's what they always say), a very oppressive, unsettling feeling in the bathroom and my little brother's room to the point that I had to walk friends down the hall to the bathroom and objects flying off walls and smashing on the ground.

This activity literally occurred every single day until it just stopped as quickly as it had started. I have never found an explanation for what happened, but I wish it was still occurring so I could investigate it! When I was young, I was just too scared.

Any other stories out there?
Rachel

study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My Haunting   Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:17 pm

My first encounter with the paranormal that I can actually recall was when I was about seven or eight years old. My dad, my younger sister Tara, and I were living in a basement apartment in Killingly, CT, and things were going great there for a while. For some reason me and my sister kept waking up in the middle of the night, scared out of our minds, but we didn't notice what was causing this for a couple of weeks. Then one night, I remember waking up and turning to look at our bedroom door, which was ajar to let in heat from the woodstove in the kitchen. Sitting in the threshhold of our room was this strange, terrifying creature, about a foot long, kind of oblongish, completely black, with glowing red eyes and a huge gaping mouth full of shiny, white, sharp looking teeth. As I looked at the thing, it hissed at me and then ran off. Funny, though, how it could give this impression of running when it had no legs at all, just a ball of blackness, eyes, and teeth! For some reason, it seemed that the creature couldn't come into our room, but spent quite a bit of time terrifying us from the doorway. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night. I kept seeing these little monsters for a while, and so did my sister, although we didn't talk about it until years later. Yeah, god help us if we had to pee at night, cause we weren't getting out of bed to do it!!

At the same time as these things were going on, my dad began to have terrible migranes and nightmares. After talking with the elders in our church, they told him that he might have picked up some item somewhere that contained a demon entity and he needed to find it and destroy the item to make the incidents stop. Once he thought about it, my dad realized that he had picked up a lamp at a yard sale around the same time, and he promptly took it out to the fire pit (back in the days when it was still permissible to burn your trash), smashed it to bits, and set the lamp on fire.

Everything stopped from then on- not only my dad's migranes and nightmares, but also the creatures that my sister and I kept seeing.

Years later, once I began studying the paranormal, I realized what these creatures were. They were gremlins. Fortunately I've never seen them since then, but my sister would back up my story as to the fact that it is completely true. You see, we were both raised as Jehovah's Witnesses, and we were hardly allowed to watch tv, nevermind horror movies and the like. This was absolutely not a product of childhood imagination.

Let me know what you all think about that one!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pig-ne.userboard.net

My Haunting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1